Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Manicure Monday: Galaxy Nails

Galaxy Nails

Galaxy Nails have been on my to do nail art for months now, and I mean serious months. To me they are like the crème de la crème of nail art, only second in my eyes to the water marbling.

I never actually intended to do Galaxy Nails, instead I was going to do a half sponge nail, half block colour, and yet as I did the sponge I thought it represented a night sky, so mid way through I switched it up and got out the white nail art pen. 

Galaxy Nails\

If I had intended to do Galaxy Nails I might have done it differently, however I am pleased with the results, and I hope you are too.

To recreate, you will need:
  • Nails Inc- Motcomb Street
  • No 7 Speed Dry- 01 Poolside Blue
  • Barry M Nail Paint- 294 Cyan Blue
  • Barry M Nail Paint 292 Navy
  • Avon Nailwear Pro- Peppermint Lead
  • L’Oreal Paris Color Riche- 820 Crystalissime
  • Model’s Own Nail Art Pen- White

Galaxy Nails (3)

First paint an all over base of Cyan Blue.

Allow to dry, then using a sponge, gentle dap Navy in random places.  TIP- Do the first dab on some news paper as usually this is too thick.

Next do the same technique with Poolside Blue, Peppermint leaf and then Crystalissime, doing so in different locations.

Once dry using the brush of Motcomb, paint rough slanted tips on all nails, and the same effect at the top of the nail. Dap once or twice with a sponge, but make sure this is thicker and darker.

Finally using the Nail art pen, dot on your stars and draw a rough big star.

Galaxy Nails (4)
Galaxy Nails (2)


Doing these made me think fondly of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy-

“Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy


Never a truer word spoken Doug.



Follow on Bloglovin

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar