Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

And The Heat Goes On!

July 6, 2013

Good morning.  It's so sunny and pretty outside my window but it is hot and getting hotter.  Ooooooweee!   Yesterday the needle on the outside thermometer kissed the 100F mark.  Of course that was when the sun was on it.  The needle dropped down a few degrees when it was in the shade. 

I don't know how those folks out West handle the high temps.  I'm melting at 98F, and they are dealing with 115 to 130F.  Definitely not my cup of tea.  Thank goodness for the air conditioning in my car.  Without it I would not be leaving the house very often.

Pogo and I had planned to go downtown on Wednesday evening to enjoy the parade and the fireworks.  However, we had been out and quite busy all day long.  By evening we were just too hot and tired to go back out.  Thursday night I had planned on watching the Boston fireworks display on TV, but fell asleep before they came on.  No problem, I had to be up early in the morning to go to work so the sleep was good.

When I got to work yesterday morning, the Mrs was sleeping, so I set about to post on my blog.  Oops!  There was no internet connection, and there probably won't be for a while because the folks whose wifi that I connect to have gone away on vacation.  Oh well.

I did try my Broadband stick again, but it still won't work.  This is very frustrating because I had already put another chunk of money on it for more time and have not been able to use the time.  I think this week, I will look into some other form of  "internet on the go".

Wednesday afternoon, when were out doing errands, DIL Janet showed us where there was a farm with lots of wonderful animals.  Down the road a ways, there was a little field with a small pond.  And oh my, what wonderful inhabitants we found there.  This beautiful animal is from the cow/steer family.  I'm just not sure of it's proper name.  However, it surely is a beauty.


I also have another super layout that Kyra made for me.  This one features a photo of me and Pogo.  It was taken the first time I ever met and held my little guy.  Kyra, thank you so much for this beautiful memory page. 


I also have to share a fun photo that Dee Dee sent to me.  She and Jasmine spent an afternoon making cupcakes for the "Fourth".  Dee Dee says that she baked the cupcakes, and that Jasmine did the decorating.  Great job, ladies!!


I will be working tonight and tomorrow night, and by Monday morning the temperatures are supposed to be back down in the 80's.  Phew!  That will feel really good!  There is so much that Pogo and I would like to be doing outdoors. 

There is one perk for being a tiny little dog in this heat.  He gets to run around "naked" all day long.  At bedtime, he puts on a sleeveless tank top so that he doesn't catch a cold sleeping under the ceiling fan.  Yesterday, Joe even put a little fan on the floor so that Pogo could lay in front of it and keep cool.  This little guy has captured all our hearts.

Now it's time to be thinking about what's for lunch.  This morning, Pogo got his "bologna fix" from Joe while I was checking my emails and the forum.  Therefore, breakfast just did not happen.  I'm thinking that ham and cheese with lettuce and tomato sounds pretty good.  Hmmmm!

On that note, I'm gone.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a really wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar