I am sorry I could not visit you all lately, but we had a busy and eventful week. A dear friend of ours, who had been depressed for years, decided he did not want to live anymore. Yesterday my eighteen year old daughter heard she passed her exams (hurray!), and today I received my certificate for a four your education I have been doing for my work. It was a week of tears and laughter.
I also received one of my cooking clubs in our garden. It was a lovely evening, with sun until nine! I made two salads and a raita. My friends took the wine, chocolate, starter and the dessert with them. One of the salads I made came from the Ottolenghi cookbook. Nicola, I made the 'Marinated aubergine with tahini and oregano'. It was simply delicious! If you enjoy Mediterranean food I can recommend 'The Cookbook' from Ottolenghi to you.
Our garden is like paradise at the moment. The roses are in full bloom, the larkspur has beautiful spires in all shades of blue, and you can smell Lavender all through the garden. I wish I could show you around, but allas pictures will have to do. Today I only show you a few of them, in one of my next posts I promise to show you more.
Last weekend I made my first two bottles of elderflower cordial. I am not sure if it is a success yet, because we all have to get used to the taste!! I also visited gardens open to the public 'Verborgen Tuinen' in my hometown. So much to see, so many things to remember. Simply a lovely day. At the end I even found a rose teapot with a milkjug, sugarbowl and saucers from the seventies at a small brocante fair in one of the gardens! In one of my next posts I will show you some pictures of the gardens as well.
Well that's in for now. Hope you will all have a lovely weekend!
Lieve groet, Madelief


0 Yorumlar