Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Birdie Bridal. . . Part Two

Yesterday I showed you the inside décor for my future DIL’s bridal shower.

Now for the outside, where the party took place.

Sam’s (Samantha) wedding colors are turquoise and brown.

We threw in a bit of pink for the shower.

I just received this vintage birdcage for my birthday from my dear friend, Joyce.

I almost fainted when I saw it.  Love, love, love it!

I wondered what to put in it for the party.  My sister, Julie suggested I put old dishes like our friend Dolly had done.

Great idea!  Throw in a bird, a bit of turquoise, and top it off with a rosette and ribbon. Voila!

049

050

052

Got this idea from a fellow blogger.

http://beachcomber26.blogspot.com/2011/07/ladder-love.html/

My girls tried putting more bottles on, but the steps are a bit tilted and they didn’t want to cooperate.

010

My 10 year old grand daughter, Jordyn took these next few pics.  Not too bad.

004

001003

015

I made the bird nest favors.  They are fun and easy to make:

1.  Shred paper sacks and old sheet music in a shredder.

2.  Mix Elmer's glue with water to make a thin (not too runny) paste.

3.  Cover whatever size of bowl you want with Saran Wrap.

4.  Rest bowl upside down on something that will keep it steady.

5.  Apply papers covered with paste mixture.  I ended up just putting them in a large bowl and stirring.

6.  Let dry over night.  We added shredded party paper, a pinched doily, and a feather.

You know how those birds love to throw in just the craziest things.

Filled with Jordan Almonds, giant bubble gums, watermelon sours. mints, and a meringue cookie drop.

I have to give my sis, Julie a big thank you!  She came up to visit and ended up working her tail off.  She filled all of the nests for me.

017018

003

We forgot to take pics of the food, but it was all oh so yummy!

This vintage basket worked great to hold napkins and silverware.  My daughter, Karrah made the cute cupcakes.

013001

Opening gifts and hair tying ribbons.

032030

Look what her mother gave her.  Her cousin said, “See, she really does love you”,  I’ll say!

I have a red one also and love it.  This one is even more heavy duty than mine.  Her mom said, “it’s like the one you wanted only on steroids.”

033

Every birdie say, ‘Bird Seed’

037

Two cute little party goers.

008

031

Did you notice, this little one is enjoying the newly painted Adirondack seating?

There’s even a special place for her Pretty Ponies

This post is turning out a bit lengthy.  I am going to blog about my gift in a separate post.

One last thing.

We didn’t play games, instead we had an activity.

Remember how I went to D.I. to buy glassware?

005

I pulled out the E 6000 and let the ladies go to town creating whatever they wanted to.

038

Sam got to pick one that she loved.  Then we put names in a bowl and drew out.

043

Sam’s mom, Annette and cousin, Erika.

041

Cousin Heather.

What a ‘tweet’ time we had.  I sure hope that every birdie felt welcomed.

Bye for now, and don’t forget to “Spread your Wings and Fly!”

p.s.   Just wanted to let you know about another give-away.

Be sure and go check it out. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar