Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Making the best of a long weekend with Little B.........

 



I am making the best of a long weekend with my Little Buddy.  Dad is away and we are having all sorts of fun.  It has been a tough week, lots and lots going on with my world that I don't have the energy to discuss.  So instead I am going to focus on this sweet boy of mine.  Hooray, Ms. Frances his assistant returned to work on Thursday.  I think they are both a bit in love with each other.  She missed him as much as he missed her.  His Language Arts teacher is now out with Covid but should be back mid week.  He is not that close to her in the classroom so we are good to go as far as no quarantining needed. 

Friday night we baked a cake.  A box mix and icing in a container, still Little Buddy loves vanilla cake and frosting.  Not a sprinkle can be near it, it has to be plain, plain, plain.  I don't eat cake but it looks like it was good stuff!


Friday night was a sleepover in Mom's big bed.  He is a restless one, and often murmurs when he sleeps.  I guess that brain can't turn off even at night. Why he still thinks this is special at the age of 10 I don't know, but as long as he does we will make it happen. 



Saturday was completing a book report and math work sheets.  Not fun but we had to get it done.  Also lots and lots of time in the pool measuring and paddling around.  

Today was the splash park with a friend from PT.   We met them at 9:00 and they played for 90 minutes.  She has a little brother that was fun as well.  Little Buddy does not get asked over by friends, I think parents are afraid of him.  He looks fragile, he isn't, but he is a bit different and they are not used to that. Tina receives OT while Little Buddy receives PT.  They are often working together and Little Buddy just loves her.  Her Mom asked if we could get the kids together soon to play at a park.  I sent her a text and it happened!  They were both so excited, she hugged him three times.  I was just thrilled he had a friend to play with and for once was not stuck with just me.


After the splash park, pool time, and a visit from our old nanny Terri , it is time for the iPad.  This is his favorite iPad pose.  He has played with his hinny up in the air since he was very little.  It could be cars, trucks, reading a book, or his iPad.  This is my favorite play position.




Luna, my granddog is also here for the weekend as her parents went to Orlando for the night.  They are studying a lot this weekend as well so she will have much more fun here with us and the boys.

So that is it.  A difficult week for me and so many out there with the hurricane, fires, and the news.  Well it has added up to just getting the best of me.  I am taking a mental health break and will be reading all of your blogs as soon as I can. 

Stay safe and healthy my friends.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar