Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

THE DREADFUL DIARIES : I'm coming home.

So its been a crazy week in the Dreadful towers. I've been working a lot lately. Fashion shows have lead to films and photoshoots, zombies and models....crazy.

I've come to realise over the past few weeks that life is too short not to enjoy it completely. I've been going mental with visiting people, places and work. Every night there has been coffees, dinners, drinks or merriment. It's great.

I was also completely unprepared for going back to Ireland and what it entailed. I managed to visit Dublin, Galway, Limerick, West Cork and Cork city before returning to Nottingham. Which is  a whole lot of bus journeys! I really enjoyed my time with everyone though. I look forward to going back there soon. I was shocked though - the price of everything!

I was amazed at how expensive Ireland has gotten and how living in the UK had not prepared me for it. I've gotten so used to things being affordable and easy over here that when I went back I was gobsmacked. The first thing I did was get stung at the airport for travel, then when I tried to find cheap food on a Sunday I actually walked out of a place that I used to eat because of the prices. They had eggs on toast for €10! What the hell!!!!

When I lived in Ireland, I accepted these crazy prices as the norm. It was what it was. I made no excuses and just paid them. Now, I wont. I avoid places that want to charge me mental prices for things as simple as eggs on toast. I remember once paying €9 for scrambled eggs and black pudding in a cafe.

After a week of seeing my friends, travelling, buses and chips - it was so great to get back home. I couldn't stop smiling when I got off the plane. Now, I miss Ireland a lot of the time but its great to have a place that feels like home. I've never had this before because I've moved around a lot. It was such a relief to get into the house again. Even if I did leave for the pub immediately!

The one thing that Nottingham doesn't have though, is my friends. I was so sad to leave everyone again. If I could transport people here then I would never leave. I met the girls in McGrattons for bottles of wine just like the old days and it felt great. I met my Galway girl for wine on the balconey like before and I met my Cork brother for much discussion and drag queens as well. I miss you guys. All the time.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar