So, I've never ACTUALLY cared about sports. Football especially. I just don't see the point in a game that starts and stops and involves grown men tackling each other for a ball. The stopping and starting... bleh. BUT, I've always loved the food. ESPECIALLY the wings.
What's weird though, is ever since moving to Texas, I've been a bit more interested in my "home team"--the Patriots. Last year was fun. The Pats were in it, the games were playing on Texas tvs, and despite that "deflategate" nonsense, I was happy to say I was from New England.
Woooo Tom Brady! (pretend I said that with a Boston accent, ok?) We'll just forget I wore a Red Sox shirt during the game... oops.
This year, the Pats sadly didn't make it. But it's okay, I think they needed a year to get over the controversy... at least until the next one comes up.
These wings remind me of home. Not because of the Pats, but because they're my attempt to create a delicious dish from my hometown: Garlic chicken wings. They're savory and totally umami, and pack a bit less heat than your typical buffalo wing. Serve these at your "big game" party*--you won't be sorry.
Game Day Baked Garlic Wings
- 12 chicken wing pieces (or 6 wings, cut in half)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4-6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 stick butter
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp coconut aminos/soy sauce
- Cooking spray (olive oil preferred)
-Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees F. Mix together the flours, 1 tbsp cajun seasoning, 1 tsp baking powder.
-Toss the wings with the flour mixture. Set the wings on a wire rack and spray liberally with cooking spray.
-Bake for 30 minutes. Then, increase heat to 450 and bake for another 20.
-While the wings are baking, prepare the sauce: melt the butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add the garlic, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, coconut aminos, and the remaining cajun seasoning.
-Once the wings are done, toss with butter sauce and serve.
*Isn't it SUPER duper dumb we can't call the game what it really is without facing a potential cease and desist? Oh well. I guess I'll just eat a BOWL of these lil fuckers and deal with it :P

0 Yorumlar